Thursday, January 5, 2012

This Book Changed My Life by Thomas Amo

This year I've met so many talented indie authors and read some really amazing works. Works I feel in many ways surpass the traditional published works out there. However there was one book in particular this year that I read and It changed me as a person.
Michelle Muto's "Don't Fear The Reaper"
This book is about teen suicide and in no way glorifies it. In fact she makes it clear that the moment it's chosen it's a terrible mistake. The story involves a young girl who is despondent over the murder of her sister. She feels angry and so alone all she wants to do is be with her sister. But death has rules and you can't change them. Michelle takes you on a journey that is so completely rich in details you almost wonder if she's writing from experience....I found myself attached to her writing and characters instantly. When they cried, I cried and cry I did more than once while reading this book. Muto has such a gift of writing, I felt many times as if I were curled up in a blanket in her living room and quietly listened to her tell me this amazing tale.
I say this is a book that changed my life, because I really experienced emotions while reading it. I love that her words were so powerful that they could evoke those feelings in me.
When I reached the end of the book, I was satisfied beyond words. It was a full and complete story, beginning middle and end. Usually I will get to the end of a book and think, hmm okay, but this was a wow, now that's what a book is supposed to do!
I am a fan of Michelle Muto from here on! Thank you Michelle for this book, if this was the only book I ever read for the rest of my life, then I could still say, wow that was worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*If you'd like to be featured here talking about a book that had a great impact on you, sign up here http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=202514656499450

No comments:

Post a Comment