Top Ten Favorite Books:
10. Bird by Bird, by Anne Lamott. If you are a writer, you must read this book.
9. Janet Dailey, Calder Saga. I’m a sucker for books that are set in Montana.
8. Sandra Brown. There are so many great books!
7. Bridget Jones’s Diary, by Helen Fielding. I believe that Helen must have been watching my life in order to write these books.
6. The Hunger Games Trilogy, by Suzanne Collins. Need I say more?
5. Yellow Raft on Blue Water, by Michael Dorris. It is a story that will rip your heart out.
4. A Song of Ice and Fire Series, by George R.R. Martin. He seems like a wonderful person and he has a gift for writing powerful and engaging characters.
3. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen. I think this book has to have a place on all romance writers top ten list.
2. All Charlaine Harris’ books. This includes, but not limited to, The Sookie Stackhouse Series. When I was starting as a writer I sent Charlaine Harris a message and she was kind enough to reply. This gracious gesture inspired me more than she will probably ever know.
1. Fool’s Crow, by the late James Welch a fellow Montana author.
Danica Winters is an award-winning paranormal romance author. Her latest release, Curse of the Wolf, will be available in paperback July 2012. www.danicawinters.net
**Want to be featured with your own top 10 list? Please "like" Quickie Book Reviews on Facebook (on right) and sign up here in the Notes section.