Friday, July 20, 2012

Top 10 Memorable Lines in Literature




By QBR fan Rionna Morgan


10. “Get thee to a nunn'ry…”
William Shakespeare, Hamlet

9. “TRUE! nervous, very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why WILL you say that I am mad?”
Edgar Allan Poe, The Tel-Tale Heart

8. “Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.”
Samuel Taylor Coleridge Rime of the Ancient Mariner

7. “Love is my religion—I could die for that.”
John Keats, Letter to Fanny Brawne

6. “Love is blind.”
Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales

5. “If I can stop one Heart from breaking
I shall not live in vain.”
Emily Dickinson, I Shall Not Live in Vain 

4. “In fact, to speak in earnest,
I believe it adds a charm
To spice the good a trifle
with a little dust of harm,”
James Whitcomb Riley, An Old Sweetheart of Mine

3. “Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird/ that cannot fly.”
Langston Hughes, Dreams

2. “Life doesn’t frighten me at all,/ not at all/ not at all.
Life doesn’t frighten me at all.”
Maya Angelou, Life Doesn’t Frighten Me

…And the one I live by!!

1. “Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,/ Old Time is still a-flying:
And this same flower that smiles today/ To-morrow will be dying.”
Robert Herrick, To the Virgins to Make Much of Time



By Rionna Morgan http://rionnamorgan.com/

2 comments:

  1. Tomorrow IS another day -- Scarlett O'Hara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Casey! Thank you so much for stopping in!

    Rionna

    ReplyDelete