Saturday, November 24, 2012

Send by Patty Blount - Guest Review by Shandy

Send by Patty Blount 5 STARS!!

I LOVED the book :)

Wow! I read this in 1 sitting!! It has been a very long time since I've done that. I only put it down once to eat dinner! An intense story that everyone should read. Dan (Or Kenny!) is a huge advocate against bullying! He feels so strongly about it because he knows the repercussions of it from both sides. He used to be the bullier and he spent a year in juvie for it. Now with a new name and a new school he's thrown into a whirlwind of events that no one could have predicted. Dan is messed up in the head from what he did and what happened to him because of it, he's unstable at the best of times but his heart is right, and everyone around him seems to know that but him. He is a fierce friend and he refuses to let anyone go down in flames, not the bullied and not the bullier. I think every youth should read this. It would be a great one to be required at school. (It probably won't be because the F word slips in a few times) Intense, raw, honest. My only issue with this one was some of the time-line. Some things felt too drawn out as far as his thoughts about things were concerned like, yeah, he probably would have had that thought or feeling a long time ago, not now for the first time. But it's not enough to take a star. GREAT READ!! Get it, read it.

*Review originally posted to Quickie Book Reviews Fan Page on Facebook.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds amazing. I will have to add it. I saw that my library has it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete