1. Earth's Children's series by Jean Auel - My best friend in college introduced me to this series, and it remains today as my favorite ever. It takes place in prehistoric times, when both humans and neanderthals roam the Earth. The first book in the series tells the coming of age story of Ayla, a 5 year old girl who has lost her family in an earthquake, and is adopted by a clan of "Others." The series progresses as she grows up and meets other people of her kind.
2. The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. - My niece introduced me to this series and I fell in love with it from the first book. Never in my life have I zipped through a series so fast. (They were all out by the time I read them.) They made me remember what first love feels like and are one of my go-to series when nothing else is capturing my attention.
3. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - I read this series as it was released and re-read the whole series last year. Such magic and wonder!
4. Gabriel's Inferno series by Sylvain Reynard - Romance series. The first book in this series was one of the most romantic books I've ever read. It has next to no sex in it, yet was one of the most erotic things I've ever read. This author has a serious talent with words, and can make the most everyday things sound sexy.
5. Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J. R, Ward. - Seriously hot series about alpha male vampires and the women they love. There are currently 11 books in the series and it's not over yet!
6. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins - Gritty look at a futuristic world which pits children against children for the amusement of the leaders and to keep the society in check.
7. Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon - I'm going to include this in my list even though I'm only on the 4th novel in series. Woman in the 20th century accidentally time travels to 18th century Scotland and meets Jamie Fraser, her soon to be lover/best friend/husband/thorn in her side. These novels are so huge and packed with details that I feel like I've visited Scotland 100 times.
8. The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson - This series begins with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Full of suspense and mystery. You'll find yourself holding your breath to find out what happens next.
9. The Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelly - I'm currently half way through this series. Police series that starts with the Black Echo - highly entertaining whodunits that will keep you guessing until the very end.
10. The Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown - Mystery series full of symbolism and plot twists you won't see coming.
Want to share your own Top 10 reads list? Contact me on the Book Haven Facebook page via private message.